Friday, August 31, 2007

Our Last Group Dinner, Saturday Aug 25

This morning started off as sort of a lazy Saturday while we attempted to catch up on much needed sleep and relaxation. Despite the hours of wandering the city that have filled many of my evenings so far, I realized that I really haven't done many touristy things since I've been in Amsterdam. So this afternoon, Jana, Mark, Sathi and I headed down to the Van Gogh museum, and were not disappointed. Aside from the warm fuzzy feeling I got when my museum card got me in for free, what was really cool about the museum was that it was more or less set up in chronological order, beginning with the artists that had influenced Van Gogh's work, and then progressing through all of the stages of his own career.

Sathi and The Café Terrace!

After the Museum, we headed to our last group dinner at a fabulous Iranian restaurant. It was awesome spending time as a large group one more time, but it was sad to think that we would all be leaving soon. To prevent me from babbling on and getting way too sappy, I will leave you with this video:

*Disclaimer: due to my camera's decision to exhaust its battery supply on my video blog day, some of the images in this video were "borrowed" from others so that I could include images of everyone.

I had an amazing time over the past month, and a lot of that was thanks to all of you. You are some of the most incredible people I have ever met and I could not have hoped for a better group to travel with :) Thank you, and see you in Seattle!

No comments: